GML Contains "No Geometry"

12-22-2010 01:05 PM
JonathanNagy
New Contributor
For background, I am using ArcGIS 10 with a Desktop ArcInfo concurrent license and ArcGIS Server with a single use license.  I have used ArcGIS 9.3.1 in the past and successfully worked with GML data in ArcCatalog and also in a ArcGIS Server based component I wrote.

While working with GML sourced from ArcGIS 10 Server's WFS service extension and ArcCatalog/ArcMap 10, it seems GML cannot be read.  The GML I have produced shows "No Geometry" when browsed in ArcCatalog, though I can load the same GML file into Gaia with no issues. 

I have installed the Data Interoperopability Extension, but I do not have a license for Data Interoperability Extension.  However, I have tried installing a trail version of  Desktop and then installing the Data Interop Extension, and authorizing both with a trial authorization key.  The result is the same: "No Geometry".  I was hoping a authorized copy of the extension would allow me to work with GML, but it is looking doubtful.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MehrshadNourani
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I can only get WFS for one service only! Any other service that I publish creates "No Geometry". Can anyone please help? I use 10.0 for desktop/server.  Thank you so much.
Mehrshad
0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello

Please log a support call if you are publishing WFS services.  Data Interoperability extension is not involved in WFS publishing.

regards
0 Kudos