Geodatabase Toolset (GDBT) for ArcGIS v.10

07-19-2010 11:24 AM
RachelBrowne
New Contributor
I heard a rumour at the ESRI International conference last week that there is no Geodatabase Toolset for V.10.

Could ESRI please confirm this and if this is indeed the case, how can we get this reinstated for the new version?

This is a toolset that we depend upon in our everyday management of SDE and if it is not available will significantly impact upon our plans to upgrade!!!!!
0 Kudos
37 Replies
MudassarAshfaq
New Contributor II
i found the exact URl of GDBT for AcrGIS 10 also someone posted how we can use it for 10.1 as well using some registry editing.

http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/geodatabase/details?entryID=C05E5891-1422-2418-7F0B-4EDDADA...
0 Kudos
PaulWiles1
New Contributor III

Your link no longer works.

I'm running Arc 10.4. Any ideas how to run GDBT for 10.4, because the install fails when looking for the 10.0 directory?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Esri Downloads - updated link.

I suspect it will not work for 10.4 as this has not been a supported tab for a few releases now.

0 Kudos
PaulWiles1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert for the quick response. Do you know of other applications that might perform the same functionality as GDBT?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Off the top of my head I do not but there is an ArcGIS Ideas "idea" to bring back the State Tree functionality as core - ArcGIS Idea - Release the GDBT for ArcGIS 10

0 Kudos
PaulWiles1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
AndrewRudin
Occasional Contributor III

I've used the following workaround on other PC's for 10.2.2 and maybe 10.3.1, so I'm not sure it will work for 10.4

1.  Uninstall ArcGIS Desktop 10.4

2.  Install ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 (or whatever version matches the GDBT tool version)

3.  Install GDBT (since the ArcGIS desktop version the install wanted is now present, the install can continue)

4.  Uninstall ArcGIS 10.1

5.  Install ArcGIS Desktop 10.4

6.  Open ArcCatalog and the GDBT tab should be there and work....at least for the version state tree which is all I ever use from the tool these days.

I don't think anything has every changed in the ArcGIS Desktop software that would actually break the tool, the install just does this check to see if the version matches, and if it doesn't it won't install.

-Andrew

TomLutgen
New Contributor III

Yes - this works. I have adopted the same routine on new machines that need the tool.  I have tried to hack the registry to fool it, but mixed results.  Best to install, uninstall, install. Painful, but tools are worth it.

It seems a very simple modification to the installer (where it verifies version) could be tweaked and save us all, but.....oh well. 

0 Kudos