Geodatabase diagrammer, Visio 2007, ArcGIS 9.3

06-30-2010 07:19 AM
SabrinaGonzalez_Toro
New Contributor
Hi every one,
I was trying to install GDB Diagrammer with ArcGIS 9.3.1 and Visio 2007.  I followed the instructions in the readme file but always get a runtime erron when generating the diagram.
I reviewed several old forums but no answer about this configuration worked.
Now I have found a solution.  If any one gets the Runtime error "invalid file name" or "file not found" while generating the diagram, copy the vsd and vss files in "C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Office\Office12\3082".

It solved the problem with VISIO 2007
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
FYI:

For other users who are interested in using MS Visio 2007 with CASE tools for geodatabase schema design, we have a KnowledgeBase Article on the topic:

FAQ: Can Microsoft Visio 2007 be used as a CASE tool for geodatabase schema design?

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
ShadyAbushaara
New Contributor II
Hi every one,
I was trying to install GDB Diagrammer with ArcGIS 9.3.1 and Visio 2007.  I followed the instructions in the readme file but always get a runtime erron when generating the diagram.
I reviewed several old forums but no answer about this configuration worked.
Now I have found a solution.  If any one gets the Runtime error "invalid file name" or "file not found" while generating the diagram, copy the vsd and vss files in "C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Office\Office12\3082".

It solved the problem with VISIO 2007

I do it but problem still occared
this massage appeare   "run time error '-20302465466
0 Kudos
JoeEncinas
New Contributor
I am also getting this same message. The suggestion of coping the .vss & .vsd files to the program management - office12 - 3082 .... did not solve it. Any more thoughts?
0 Kudos
JennyGonzalez
New Contributor
Same issue but using ArcGIS 9.3.1 and Visio 2010.
0 Kudos
JefferyGregg
New Contributor II
Same problem here but with ArcGIS 10.0 and Visio 10
0 Kudos
IanMacInnis
New Contributor II
Geodatabase Diagrammer works for me with Visio 2010 and ArcGIS 9.3.1.  I entered the path for the folder containing the template and stencil files (.vst and .vss) to the File Locations dialog in Visio (File / Options / Advanced / File Locations ...), as indicated in the readme file.

I had to open the template and stencil files from within Visio and save them again, selecting the "Current Visio Format" option (i.e., Visio 2010 format).  Geodatabase Diagrammer seems to have difficulty when Visio opens the files in an older format.

When running Geodatabase Diagrammer, you need to add .vsd to the end of the output file name. 

Ian
0 Kudos
TyroneUdokpan
New Contributor
Hi All,
Where can I locate the install for ArcGIS 10? This is a great tool.
0 Kudos