Geocoding Parcels against RoadCenterline address ranges

Jump to solution
10-17-2015 04:42 PM
RichardTruong
New Contributor III

I have a set of parcel feature containing single as well as multiple fields of addresses (ie. full-address "305 W Bethany Rd", and address_num "305" Street_Pre "W" Street_name "Bethany" Street_Type "Rd").   My address locator is my road centerlines with Low/High Address range and street name, prefix, street number and etc.    Currently after performed the geocoding, results are geocoded points offset from centerlines, this is ok when there are only about 5 or 6 parcels within this block/road segment.   However, if there are over 50 parcels within this block/road segment it can get a little clutter and it's difficult to identify which point is supposed to align with which parcel.   Is there any options to instead of points result displayed along road centerline, but line segment attached to parcel then attached to certain location of the line segment which it's geocoding to?  Greatly appreciate any assistance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

You can set the geocoded point to offset to a set distance from the road.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

You can set the geocoded point to offset to a set distance from the road.

0 Kudos
RichardTruong
New Contributor III

thank you, Wes.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm curious as to why you are geocoding your parcels.  If want points, why not simply derive the centroids of the parcel polygons?  Personally, I'd rather match against parcels than centerlines.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos