Geocoder doesn't bring batch the 100% matched result. Why?

432
8
01-16-2014 08:05 AM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
I have a 10.1 Composite locator that is matching against several other locators including a US Dual Range locator.

When I geocode E Marietta Av & N Robie Rd, it brings back the wrong result.  Instead of bringing back the 100% match, it brings back a 72.6% match.  Why? 

Here's a screen shot of it bringing back the wrong match:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30575[/ATTACH]


AND...look what happens when I check the "Use Map Extent" box.  Magically, I now get the 100% match.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30576[/ATTACH]

Has anyone experience this?  I checked the cls files and there's nothing translating these road names.  Any other ideas?
Reply
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: timw1984

It is odd that the City name changes in your results, that might be the issue? Try and put the a city name at the end of your search.

*edit: I just saw the street name is different for Robie Rd
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for that...  It does find the match if I enter the City name...but I have the geocoder set so that "Match with no zones" is set to "Yes".  So, I'm still sort of puzzled.  I don't know why it won't match Robie, but it does find Robert.

I'm trying to bring back the City names for reference so users can pick the right location if an address is in more than one City.  This is working just fine in all the cases I've tested, except this one...
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: timw1984

It is a fascinating case!

What if you set your "Minimum candidate score" to 80 in your locator properties.
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
That works too!  It suddenly starts finding the right intersection.  As soon as I lower the score to 70, it can't find the 100% match again.

Strange, right?
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: timw1984

Your right, it is weird. You might also be able to play with the "Match if best candidates tie" setting or "Spelling sensitivity" to get closer to what you want.

For some reason it stops searching once it finds a match that is within your criteria.
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Thanks,  I'll keep messing around.  I just don't want to fix this case, and end up breaking other cases.  🙂
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: brad5993

Try increasing the search timeout property for the Dual Ranges locator in the Performance section of the geocoding properties and see if that helps.

Brad
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Brad - I increased the timeout from 1 second to 5 seconds and it didn't make a difference, I still only get the 72.6% match.  So, I tried 30 seconds and that didn't make a difference either.
Reply
0 Kudos