jagadeeshrao
New Contributor
Helo esri

This query  is related to geo data service:

SOM-1 SAERVER
SOC-1 SERVER
SQL SERVER & Arc SDE-1 Server
Desktop-Arc Catalog-1 client

i have created spaital database connection thorugh Arc Catalog and created some feature dataset with feature classes. When i was publishing the this connection as geo data service we are getting below error.

Configuration Sde_Default_to_XXXXXXX.GeoDataServer can not be started.
Server Object instance creation failed on machine XXXXXXX ( SOC machine server ).
Unable to init from C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.0\ArcCatalog\Sde Default to XXXXXXXX.sde.

so based on the esri information see this: Publishing from a geodatabase directly involves referencing a personal geodatabase, file geodatabase, or ArcSDE connection file that you want to publish as a service. The geodatabase or connection file needs to be in a location that is accessible to the server object container (SOC) account. For example, ArcSDE geodatabases in ArcCatalog are located in your profile directory under Application Data\ESRI\ArcCatalog. (Example: C:\Documents and Settings\myUserName\Application Data\ESRI\ArcCatalog\Connection to myServer.sde.) Unless you were logged in as the SOC account when the .sde connection file was created, the SOC account does not have access to this file. Before publishing the geodata service, it is recommended that you copy the connection file to a common directory to which the SOC account has been granted access

How we are making this connection files in SOC Common directory or how we are creating the SOC permissions using Arc Catalog local connection to publish the geo data service.

Can anyone help this query.

Regards
Jagadeesh
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jagadeeshrao
New Contributor
We have tried all these links which was avaiable in arcgis forum. But still we are getting same error.

see the below link for references

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=1702&t=216823

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=1702&t=231757

Cananyone help my above query. its very urgency................

Regards
Jagadeesh
0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor
Jagadeesh -
I'm not clear as to what you've tried - but can you try the following.

1) copy your .sde file to a shared path (For example \\MyMachine\publishedServices).  Make sure the ArcGISSOC user has the appropriate permissions on this folder (as outlined in the help and links you shared in your response)
2) Now access the .sde file from the shared directory (\\MyMachine\publishedServices\MyServerConnection.sde) - and attempt to publish from here.

Does that work?

If not, how are you connecting to SDE? is it via Database or OS Authentication.  If by OS Authentication (ie Personal ArcSDE) then you need to grant permissions to a local ArcGISSOC user (create this user if it doesn't exist on your SDE machine)

-Heather
0 Kudos
BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

What if the ArcGIS Server account is a local account and Catalog is on a different machine than the ArcGIS Server machine?

0 Kudos