Finding similar submissions based on location from Survey123 Data?

Jump to solution
08-05-2020 08:13 PM
KevinLee1
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where volunteers submit location-recorded photos through Survey123 of physical features in a certain area. 

Part of the process involves filtering out submissions that other volunteers submitted previously, which involves comparing photos. I'm thinking the best course of action is to find submissions (represented in point features) and narrowing down my search to point features within 3 feet (or another distance) to each other within the same layer. 

Any idea on a geoprocessing tool or script that would help me accomplish this? I've tried using the Select by Location tool but it just selects every record. 

Thank you for reading!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kevin, you could try

Generate Near Table (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

using the featureclass as both inputs to the tools since.

If a Search Radius is specified and no near feature is found, no record will be output.

The same feature class or layer may be used as both input and near features. In this situation, the input feature being evaluated is excluded from the near features candidates to avoid all features being closest to themselves.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kevin, you could try

Generate Near Table (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

using the featureclass as both inputs to the tools since.

If a Search Radius is specified and no near feature is found, no record will be output.

The same feature class or layer may be used as both input and near features. In this situation, the input feature being evaluated is excluded from the near features candidates to avoid all features being closest to themselves.

... sort of retired...
KevinLee1
New Contributor

Oh this is perfect! Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos