Find the percentage of null values in each field with name of field

02-04-2021 05:05 AM
Labels (4)
Bmohammad
New Contributor III

Dear All,

I have a more then 100 feature classes in 12 feature datasets I want to create a table for each feature class which have the following information in ArcGIS pro

1.Name of field.

2.Percentage of null records or having no records.

if there is nay python code that can help me

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

This should be fairly simple, but please give an indication of:

Is this a single FGDB?

Are you meaning you essentially want to list all FCs within the FGDB, or specific 100 FCs spread across 12 ?specific FDs?

for each of the FCs you then want a list of all fields along with the % null records for those fields?

Bmohammad
New Contributor III

Thanks David,

These are in enterprise geodatabase,

I want every feature class with a list of all field in it  along with %null records for those fields

e.g Road feature class I want to list all fields with %null records in each field.

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does Python code that does exactly this already exist?  Not that I have seen on GeoNet or GitHub, but some of the individual steps that need to happen are commonly shown and discussed.

What have you coded so far?  Are you using Python directly or relying on Model Builder?

0 Kudos
Bmohammad
New Contributor III

Dear Joshua 

I didnt have code so for I wan to use Python directly but if we can do in model builder I can go with this also

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
HanushrieG_ess
New Contributor
Hi, @Bmohammad 
I've worked on this using Python, and it seems to work for me on my end. Do give it a try and let me know.
0 Kudos