Find Route error for geocoding toolbar - You must be signe in to ArcGIS Online...

05-12-2015 08:26 AM
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

I have a couple of maps that I use to answer address questions and assign addresses to new developments.  I frequently use the geocoding toolbar to quickly get to the area in question.  Since upgrading to 10.3 or maybe even since 10.2.2 I have been getting the following pop-up after I enter an address in the geocoding toolbar's address entry window and right click to pan to the address:

FindRouteError.jpg

Heretofore I have just hit cancel and continued on to the address.  It only happens when I first open the map.  I don't want to sign in to ArcGIS Online, I just want to use my local locators.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there some setting I need to change?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Ward

Summit County, Utah

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffWard

Nobody else is encountering this?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
JeffWard

I thought this might be because of something going on in the geocoding toolbar, and I think I have narrowed it down to two choices when right-clicking the address on the geocoding toolbar after entering the address.

Geocode.jpg

The Add as Stop to Find Route and Add as Barrier to Find Route require signing in to ArcGIS Online to use routing.  I'm not sure why this particular map is wanting me to sign on and others using the same geocoding toolbar don't.

I checked my extensions under the Customize menu and I had Network Analyst checked, but I have since unchecked it and I still get the annoying warning message.

I have also removed the two offending choices from the Address Find context menu, but they still show up in the geocoding context menu and the Find dialog context menu.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
KenBeville
New Contributor III

We are having the same issue except when using address locators in the find tool. 

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Apparently we are the only ones.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
KenBeville
New Contributor III

Agreed. We have narrowed it down to an MXD level issue. Some consistently good, some consistently bad. Shows up for use using a local address locator.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
ChloeThomas1
New Contributor

Same thing is happening for us in 10.6. I tried creating a new mxd and copying the layers over and it didn't work. Did anyone find a solution?

0 Kudos