Feature accounting of a versioned dataset served as a feature service

Jump to solution
09-01-2022 05:39 AM
Labels (3)
AdewaleFalaye
New Contributor II

I am trying to account for every change/edits in a versioned dataset that was published as a feature service. I have multiple editors making changes on the feature service and I need to be able to track, audit and manage all changes. Has anyone tried this or could point in the right direction please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

There are a few ways to achieve this. If you're looking for a manual / quality assurance type approach you can have your users perform their edits in versions and then your QA personnel can use the differences view to review changes before versions are posted.  You can learn more about this approach in this page in the online help .

Using the same workflow you can also programmatically inspect the edits in a version using either c#, python, or direct rest API calls to the differences endpoint of the version management service.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

There are a few ways to achieve this. If you're looking for a manual / quality assurance type approach you can have your users perform their edits in versions and then your QA personnel can use the differences view to review changes before versions are posted.  You can learn more about this approach in this page in the online help .

Using the same workflow you can also programmatically inspect the edits in a version using either c#, python, or direct rest API calls to the differences endpoint of the version management service.

AdewaleFalaye
New Contributor II

Thanks @RobertKrisher. I believe I found something I can work with here.

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are using an Enterprise Geodatabase ( Oracle / SQL Server / PostgreSQL ) and the featureclasses and tables are registered as versioned then you can enable Editor Tracking and enable Geodatabase Archiving.

Enable editor tracking—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Enable archiving—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

What is archiving?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

I hope this helps.

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer |  

| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP – Oracle Certified Professional |

| Esri | 380 New York St | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA |

| Esri Enterprise Mapping and Charting Databases Best Practices |

THE SCIENCE OF WHERE ®

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
AdewaleFalaye
New Contributor II

Thanks @MarceloMarques. This is very helpful

0 Kudos