FDO error: -2147024857 [_gdb]

Jump to solution
09-16-2014 07:08 AM
BradyWoods1
New Contributor

Hello all,

I have recently ran into an issue where I have all of my shapefiles and file geodatabases that are stored on a network drive that will not load and will repeatedly give me an FDO error: -2147024857 [_gdb] when I try and open a geodatabase in ArcCatalog, or "Failed to open the dataset." when  I attempt to open a shapefile. I have done extensive googling and have not even seen one instance where this error has occurred for someone else.

A few things to note:

- The geodatabases and shapefiles in question are located on a shared network drive
- The enterprise license we have expires in 14 days (have not renewed yet)
- The geodatabases and shapefiles in question WILL open and are fully usable on two computers in the office

Thank you for any insight you all may have on this problem.

Brady

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelHanley
New Contributor

I had a similar error message when trying to export a geodatabase to a folder (FDO error: -2147024893) and it seems to have been caused by the file path name being too long, shortening the path by saving it directly to the desktop solved the problem for me.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SteffenPeter
New Contributor

Hi Brady,

I know a similar issue at using a file geodatabase. Reading Feature classes runs against error Database connection failed. FDO error: -2147024894 [_gdb].

Do you have any Information from TechSupport?

Regards,

Steffen

0 Kudos
BradyWoods1
New Contributor

Hello Steffen,

Unfortunately I was not able to get any information from Tech Support. The problem persisted for a day or two and then corrected itself for some unknown reason. What was the issue that you know of?

Thank you,

Brady

0 Kudos
BrianVon_Knoblauch
New Contributor

A faculty member at my university came across this error, we determined that it was related to file space on the file server that the shape files were kept on. Once we bumped up the folder's quota the problem was fixed and the error went away. The reason it may have gone away after a couple days for you is that your sys admin may have noticed you were out of space and bumped you up or you deleted something that freed up space where you were storing your files. Hope this helps with others getting this error!

-Brian

0 Kudos
RenRosin
New Contributor III

I'm getting this error working in PRO using my data that is hosted on ArcGIS Online ... we have amazing Internet download speeds, not such great upload speeds, do you think that could cause an error like this?

MichaelHanley
New Contributor

I had a similar error message when trying to export a geodatabase to a folder (FDO error: -2147024893) and it seems to have been caused by the file path name being too long, shortening the path by saving it directly to the desktop solved the problem for me.

DougFenske
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for posting this! I think your statement is the only existence on the Internet of the text string "FDO error: -2147024893". This has helped me immensely!