Failed to connect to database. Version not found [DBO.DEFAULT]

09-11-2012 02:58 AM
VasiliiSelivanov
New Contributor
Hi. I've created an Enterprise Geodatabase with python script and now I am trying to connect to this database in ArcCatalog 10.1 but it's keep to alert message: Failed to connect to database. Version not found [DBO.DEFAULT].
How can I connect to this database?
I'm appreciate any help!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MuneebAnsari
New Contributor II
Hi, Are you using SQL Server Express for your enterprise geodatabase? If yes, when creating the enterprise geodatabase uncheck 'Sde Owned Schema' checkbox and then try connecting to the new geodatabase.
0 Kudos
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

Hi,

Great!

This seems to work for me, however what if my database is already created? Is there any way to remove the 'Sde Owned Schema' after it was checked while creating the geodatabase? 

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

No, once the Geodatabase is created with SDE Owned schema....you cannot change it to DBO Owned Schema. You will need to recreate the Geodatabase for that.

0 Kudos
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

Gotcha! thanks!

0 Kudos
sofoo
by
Occasional Contributor

I had this issue recently.  I was trying to enable an enterprise geodatabase on an existing SQL Server 2012 db on Amazon RDS.  The enable process seemed to go through successfully.  But when I tried to connect using this "master" sde connection, it gave me the same error.

The issue ended up being a user name/schema name mismatch.  When I created the database in SQL Server Management Studio, the "master" user name was mapped to the "dbo" schema in the new database.  Once these were set to match the error went away.

0 Kudos