Exporting Mastermap Data into CAD using ARCGIS 10

11-21-2011 12:35 PM
KieranFitzsimmons
New Contributor
we have our Mastermap Data housed in ARCSDE in different feature classes which are then deployed through our desktop as a layer
these are
MM_Points
MM_Area (POLYGONS)
MM_Lines
MM_Bound
MM_Anno (Annotation)

over the last couple of weeks , i have had an increased amount of requests from varying departments for this to be exported out in CAD format
AS the geography is a whole distrcit council , i have had difficulties in exporting the whole authority mastermap data in lines and polygons into this format , i have used the export to CAD tool in tool box as well as the export to cad from the TOC for each layer , they have taken an age and then suddenly error and do not complete , is this a general problem due to the size of the exported CAD file ?? (  I definately have enough space on my PC to house this)
Also is there a procedure in AGIS 10 to export annotation into CAD, i have seen help in earlier versions , i just wanted to findout if this had changed in 10.

As an aside , when i export smaller geographies such as electoral wards to CAD format i dont seem to have a problem?

Any help would be welcome

Kieran
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahHollier
New Contributor III
Hi Kieran,

I was wondering if you were able to resolve this problem. I am having exactly the same problem and can't seem to work out what I need to do.

Thanks
Sarah
0 Kudos