Export Stretch Function values per Raster.

05-21-2014 01:10 AM
TonyGegner
New Contributor III
Hi!
From a Mosaic Dataset i'm looking for a way to export Stretch Function values from a Raster into text, with python would be prefered. Like Band[] Min,Max,Mean values.

Importing a stretch function with values works great, but i can't manage to export them.

Is this information stored in binary? I have checked SDE tables but see nothing in plain text.
Any Analytics function or similar i can use to get this information?

Thanks!
4 Replies
larryzhang1
New Contributor III
Hi!
From a Mosaic Dataset i'm looking for a way to export Stretch Function values from a Raster into text, with python would be prefered. Like Band[] Min,Max,Mean values.

Importing a stretch function with values works great, but i can't manage to export them.

Is this information stored in binary? I have checked SDE tables but see nothing in plain text.
Any Analytics function or similar i can use to get this information?

Thanks!

Tony,

Try the GP tool 'Get Raster Properties' under Raster...
0 Kudos
TonyGegner
New Contributor III
Hi Larry,
That will only give me the values for the whole set, not per image and stretch function values.
0 Kudos
larryzhang1
New Contributor III
Hi Larry,
That will only give me the values for the whole set, not per image and stretch function values.

If understanding correctly, the steps for your given case should include:

Select and add from MD, and/ or directly subset via �??Image Analysis�??;

Applies Stretch function onto this 'subset' via Properties;

Finally, try the GP tool 'Get Raster Properties' �?�
0 Kudos
TonyGegner
New Contributor III
Dont really follow what you mean?

There is a Stretch Function with different values for each rasterimage in the MD. Not one for the whole MD.
I need the diffrent values from each raster image.
Get Raster Properties only gives me values for the whole MD. Not per rasterimage.
0 Kudos