Export Feature Classes(From File Geodatabase) to SDE Feature Classes (SQL Server).

Jump to solution
03-13-2014 12:59 AM
El_BoukfaouiReda
New Contributor II
Hi everyone,

I had an SQL Server 2008 R2 Database that have been created using the "Create Enterprise Geodatabase" processing tool.
After that, I exported all my feature classes from my File geodatabase to the SDE Feature classes which succeeded.

Now, I am trying to update my data especially the polygon feature classes :
1. Within an editing session, I am deleting all the features/records from a feature class.
2. When I am going with the Object Loader solution "Load Objects" I do receive messages saying that one of the geometries will not    be imported to the feature, which is very annoying...

Now, I just figured out that it is impossible to apply check/repair geometry within SDE feature classes.

Please help on what to do in this case?

N.B:
- Non versioned database.
- I also tried simple loader, feature class to feature class(which is not allowing rewriting on the existing feature class), Append(which is importing the record but not the geometry...)

Thank you!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
The Repair and Check Geometry GP tools allow input from a file geodatabase.  Copy your offending feature class(es) from the enterprise GDB back to a file GDB and then run both tools from there, or run the tools on your original file GDB feature classes.  Once the repairs are made, move your data to the enterprise GDB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
The Repair and Check Geometry GP tools allow input from a file geodatabase.  Copy your offending feature class(es) from the enterprise GDB back to a file GDB and then run both tools from there, or run the tools on your original file GDB feature classes.  Once the repairs are made, move your data to the enterprise GDB.
0 Kudos