Error using Object Loader in ArcMap to load feature linked annos

09-12-2012 12:30 PM
SendhilKolandaivel
New Contributor
Hi,

I am getting the following error message while attempting to load feature linked annos using the 'Object Loader' in ArcMap in an edit session:

"Can not load, no targets match the geometry type of the selected source(s)".

I was able to use the 'Object Loader' to load the hydrants, but we are having issues with the Annotations.

We used the Object Loader as opposed to the Simple Data Loader, as we needed to maintain the Relationship class between the Hydrant FC and the Anno FC.

Feature Classes:
W_HYDRANT
W_HYDRANT_ANNO (Feature Linked, Hydrant Number Annotation).

Environment:
ArcSDE 9.3 running on Oracle 11g
ArcGIS Desktop 10, SP4
Data load was performed in a versioned edit environment

Thanks,

Sendhil
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LlorençGuasp
New Contributor

I experienced the same error working with the Object Loader and instead I used the Append tool in ArcCatalog, it worked well importing the annotation layer into an SDE db dataset.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
RexRobichaux2
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Sendhil,

There is a chance you are running into an older 10.0-10.2 defect: 

• NIM095025: Load object tool from ArcMap fails to load a standalone table into a standalone table and produces the error “No Targets Available: Cannot load, no targets match the geometry type of the selected source(s)”.

The workaround for this defect was to attempt the load operation through ArcCatalog instead of ArcMap. With that in mind- I'd consider trying the load through Catalog to see if that works for you. If it does, it's likely related to the above bug- if not, then there might be something annotation or data specific prohibiting the load from completing successfully. I hope this is helpful!

0 Kudos
OliviaDeSimone
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if this is the reason you were running into the issue on your end, but I was having the same error and it turned out to be because the feature class I was trying to load data into wasn't versioned.

Hope this helps someone.