Error trying to Register as Versioned (Merged threads)

05-20-2014 10:46 AM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III
I am having troubling getting my database to register as 'Versioned." I added a feature class to the feature dataset but ended up having to delete it now I can not re-register the feature class as versioned, any thoughts?

Desktop Version 10.1, WIndows 7
0 Kudos
14 Replies
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III
Do you have a map service using the SDE database?

No, no map service
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: solxenos

I think a reboot of the server may be the best thing to try?  I would probably export / backup any data that I didn't want to lose from recent edits. 

How many people have access to the specific DB?

Also, you stated in your initial post that

I can not re-register the feature class as versioned, any thoughts?

I assume that you meant the feature dataset, right?
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
If ArcCatalog closes prematurely while deleting or creating a feature class, it can leave orphaned entries in the SDE repository tables.

Check the GDB_Items table at the database end and under the column tables, check if you see the deleted FCs listed there..

Similar Forum Post:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/80404-Cannot-register-dataset-as-versioned-%E2%80%93-DBMS-table-not...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: zydeco42

I think a reboot of the server may be the best thing to try?  I would probably export / backup any data that I didn't want to lose from recent edits. 

How many people have access to the specific DB?

Also, you stated in your initial post that

I assume that you meant the feature dataset, right?

Well we just rebooted the server and that didn't work either:/ Spoke with my boss and she seems to think it has to do with the error found in the attached screen capture.

3 people have access but the problem is I cannot reconcile because it will not let me edit and/or register as version.

Just to be clear the dataset was intially registered as versioned it is when I created a new feature class and then deleted that the problem occurred.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: asrujit

Some other things to check:

1. the existing data in the dataset...are they all versioned? (Check the properties of each FC-->general tab)

2. Copy/paste that dataset in the same gdb and check if you are able to edit that (don't delete the existing one yet)

3. Are you trying the editing as the data_owner or any other user?
0 Kudos