Edits are not saved in File Geodatabase

04-12-2011 03:03 PM
CurtAhlberg
New Contributor
Hi,
I am running ArcInfo 10 SP1, I am editing a File Geodatabase on the Hard Disk.
I will create some polygons & edit attributes etc.. then click "Save Edits".
Then I select "Stop Editing"

I go into ArCatalog, navigate to my Geodatabase, Refresh & Refresh a second time for good measure.
The Feature Class modified date / time has not changed and the new polygons I have created are not there.
I go back to ArcMap, and close it. Now I go back to ArcCatalog and the Feature class has been updated. So it does eventually write my edits to the GDB when ArcMap is properlly closed.

BUT, the very annoying and frustrating issue is that I will spend hours editing and saving regularly, ArcMap will crash on running some tool, I go back to open the mxd I was working and NO edits have been saved from those past few hours.
I have a colleague who is in 9.3.1 and he is having the same problems.

What�??s the point of saving when it doesn't actually save, are we really required to close ArcMap every 10 minutes and reopen ArcMap to guarantee we don't loose our work?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tiffany-AnnBryant
New Contributor II
Have you found an answer to your problem? I'm having similar issues right now, I'll spend hours digitizing, save my edits and stop editing and then when I go back, none of my new features are there. It's driving me crazy.
0 Kudos
TheoFaull
Occasional Contributor III
We are also having this issue at work. so many bugs/glitches for us recently in 10.2.1!

My colleague had a FGDB with a point feature class in it. he save his edits yesterday afternoon and the next points he made were gone this morning!
0 Kudos