(Digitising polygon or line) i was trying to create polygon or line but but after saving sketch the polygon disorients

06-05-2017 04:25 PM
sandeeptanniru
New Contributor

i was trying to create polygon or line but but after saving sketch the polygon disorients and look something else ...can u please help me

this was the state of forming triangular shape when i was actually made a rectangular block ..after the pressing the finish sketch ..

This was state actually when tried make rectangular polygon

0 Kudos
4 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It looks like you may be having issues with XY coordinate management. Is your coordinate resolution for the feature class you are editing small enough?  Go into the data frame properties / Coordinate System and make sure the data is set to match the data your are editing (Look at the bottom of the list of coord systems, under "Layers").

0 Kudos
sandeeptanniru
New Contributor

thank you for your reply, the layer which consists image have spatial reference GCS-WGS-1984,,,other layers does not have coordinates system which shows undefined under properties>>source....please help me..  thank you

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would get started by defining a coordinate system for the layers you are trying to edit.

0 Kudos
sandeeptanniru
New Contributor

thank you again, after doing that now its shows geometry is invalid or same disoriented shapes..

0 Kudos