Difference between geocoding addresses using the locators inside ArcMap/ArcCatlog VS using the server REST url?

08-19-2014 09:07 AM
AdityarajChavada
New Contributor III

Hello All,

We have recently made a new composite locator in 10.2.2 environment that improves our geocoding process. We also published the same composite locator on the 10.2.2 server (had to copy the locator because of the bug in 10.2.2) as a geocode service so that we can utilize that in the web applications.

My question to the experts are:

1) What is the best way or standards practices to batch geocode address (30 million records) using the REST end point of the service?

2) Is there a difference in using the physical locator in ArcMap/ArcCatlog to geocode the address Vs using the batch geocode process using the REST end point of the service?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DonOpgenorth
Esri Contributor

I've moved your post into the  Managing Data space.  You will get a much better answer here as the GeoNet Help is intended for community help and feedback. I have also added in a few additional tags. You can see more
on the community structure, and what topics are under each space from the following documents:

GeoNet Community Structure

ArcGIS Discussion Forums Migration Strategy

Thanks!

Don

0 Kudos