Custom Locator Style: Custom Zone and Building Names

09-22-2018 10:56 PM
JonKwong
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am building a custom address locator style for Malaysia in 10.6, using the US Address style as the base for customisation.

Here are some info to provide context to my problem.

I am using HERE NavStreets as the reference data. NavStreets data support both point address and dual ranges addresses.

The typical Malaysian house address consists of the following components:

No. 2 Jalan Eaton 5 Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50450 Kuala Lumpur

where

Prefix to denote a house number HouseStreet PrefixStreet NameLocalityPostcodeDistrict
No.2JalanEaton 5Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50450Kuala Lumpur

The format of my customer addresses to be geocoded contains the following fields:

ADDRESS   |   POSTCODE   |   ZONE 

where ZONE is an internal zoning system used by the company for aggregating customers. Example of a ZONE is 25003.

ADDRESS is a single field address with all components separated by space.

I have two questions:

1. So far I have succeeded in customising the address style to batch geocode using the ADDRESS and POSTCODE fields. However, I have failed to create the locator with the custom ZONE field. Where did I go wrong with the mapping schema? See attachment for the locator style I have created.

2. For apartments and POIs, where should I customise in the locator style to score on building names? Example of an apartment address below:

Block A10-3-21 Eaton Heights Jalan Eaton 5 Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50450 Kuala Lumpur

where

Unit Building NameStreet PrefixStreet NameLocalityPostcodeDistrict
Block A10-3-21 Eaton HeightsJalanEaton 5Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50450Kuala Lumpur

Thanks All!

Jon

0 Kudos
0 Replies