combining .e00 and x,y data to create a more accurate DEM

06-26-2012 06:52 AM
ScottBurton
New Contributor II
Hello All,

I was hoping you could help me with this. I have a DEM of an area in Kentucky, not the highest resolution, that I have created from a .e00 file I got off of the Kentucky GIS website.  I also have x,y point information of boring locations with included z data.  I have been able to create a DEM from both sources, but am having trouble combining them to create a more accurate portrayal of my study zone. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Also, I'm looking for high quality LiDAR data and it seems like Kentucky doesn't have any (free) LiDAR up yet.  Anybody know the time-table on high quality LiDAR coming out for the entire US? I'm in the NorthEast and it just came online a few months ago for us.

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Have you considered getting the DEM from a more recent dataset than an eoo file?  I would recommend downloading the data from USDA Geospatial Data Gateway or USGS Seamless.  There are also other listings of raster holdings on this blog and the raster wiki.

I think the data provided there should be more up to date and ready for your analysis.
0 Kudos