Clipping Rasters and changing values/stretching options

01-09-2012 06:01 AM
AdriannaWilson
New Contributor
I've been all over the forums and asked many people about this question, can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for!
Basically, I have a single band raster with values 0-255. I clip the raster and my values are now 0-63 and has a standard deviation stretch. Now, I know I can go in and change the stretch to min-max and it displays fine but 1) I don't want to create a layer and 2) I want anyone to pull this raster in and for it to look 'normal'.

How do I get my raster to keep the same characteristics as before I clipped it?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdriannaWilson
New Contributor
Did a little more research and still don't have a specific answer exactly.. but basically, the important thing is that the values in the raster are not changing when I clip the raster- so that's good. The only difference really is visual. It seems that the pixel values in my raster only go up to 63 (even in the original one) so when the raster is being clipped, the color ramp is showing those values instead of being stretched over 255.
0 Kudos
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II
I'm having the same issue and I'm pretty clueless how to resolve it.  Like you, I want other people to be able to open these rasters and get the image to look right.  Anyone know of a solution?
0 Kudos