Select to view content in your preferred language

Clipping properties to Coastline... And the opposite

08-19-2014 06:21 AM
EvanMacDonald1
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I had great luck with my last inquiry using these forums so I figured I'd give it a shot again. I'm working with two layers, a coastline layer (polygon), and a property layer with many parcels which is also a polygon.

The coastline layer has a fairly accurate representation of the coast as it is now, but the property layer was drawn years ago and does not accurately reflect where the coastline is now. I want to use the coastline layer as the new coastline for the property. For 90% of the properties this is easy, as I can perform a simple clip and achieve my goal (As seen in the first attached image). But for the other 10% of properties which do not extend out past the coastline (as seen in the other attached image), this is not possible.

How can I get these properties to extend out to the accurate coastline, if this is possible at all?

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
EvanMacDonald1
New Contributor II

Hi Joe, that's definitely a possibility. There may only be 1500 edits or so... It's not that outrageous. Just trying to take a day or so and find out an alternate solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChloeAsmar
New Contributor III

Ok, check this out, 3.10 Adjust polygon to line

Might help

0 Kudos