cannot find data folder that constains postal_us

07-23-2012 07:44 AM
JohnGrenci
New Contributor
Hello, in the geocoding tutorial, in exercise 2, 'creating a composite address locator'on page 8, it to says to repeat step 4, and navigate to the data folder.  however, I cannot find it.  I searched on my computer, and cannot find anywhere.  could I have not gotten everything with the original download of files?  can anyone help?
thanks
John
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi John,

This should be in your ArcTutor data, which should install to <C:\ArcGIS\ArcTutor\Geocoding> by default. If you do not have ArcTutor data or do not see this one specific file, you might want to try re-downloading the data. You can get it in the Software Downloads section of your Customer Care Portal.
0 Kudos
JamesGilmer
New Contributor
Im experiencing the same problem... the postal_us data is not the Atlanta.gdb in the Geocoding folder or any of the other folders under ArcTutor. And it's not a download issue -- in installed the tutorial data from a DVD.
FabienAncelin
New Contributor II

Confirmed. Same issue on my side. It is simply not included in the tutorial data. At least for my version, which is 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
FabienAncelin
New Contributor II

I have observed that issue as well with my ArcTutor data using the 10.5.1 setup. As an alternative, the data is on ArcGIS online with the locator. https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ca11a1f63e9a40c781b4071fdb7b017a. It can also be searched using the title ArcGIS Geocoding Tutorial Data

Best regards,

Fabien