Can you tell me why the address locator isn't working?

01-24-2019 11:20 AM
Athens_CityPlanner
New Contributor II

I have about 4000 addresses, formatted for geocoding.

I created a Dual Range address locator using a line file from the county GIS. Arc autofilled all relevant fields.

I set "match without zones" to YES (I did this after troubleshooting and finding the thread from 2016 indicating that this may solve the problem.)

Geocoding still returns 0 matches.

If I build a point based address locator using the address file from the county GIS, it matches about 1800 addresses.

Where am I goofing?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide a screenshot of what Arc autofilled?

Are the fields chosen for House From Left, House To Left, House From Right, House To Right all numeric?

Athens_CityPlanner
New Contributor II

those are field type long

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Try the rematch button a couple times, any better?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

How about screen shots of:

An address you expected to resolve

The Attribute table record of the street it should match

That should just about do it....
Athens_CityPlanner
New Contributor II

let's use 12 Fort

Locator:

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Your address is missing the type of 'ST' where as your matching data (I assume your centerlines) has it.  That should have hit but with a lower score than 100; maybe 80 to 85.  How do you have your scores set up in the actual locator?

That should just about do it....
Athens_CityPlanner
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

It would be interesting to see what is returned for the '12 Fort Athens 45701' address when using the Find tool with the "show all candidates" option checked. I've often used the Find tool to help see what candidates are returned and what the attributes are of the candidates and their scores. This can help with adjusting the Geocoding options that Joe Borgione‌ pointed out above.

Athens_CityPlanner
New Contributor II

the locate tool or something different?

0 Kudos