Can't select multiple rows in a field with mouse or shift

02-10-2012 06:08 AM
AndrewWiseman
New Contributor III
Maybe I am being daft, but I am unable to select more than one record in a table using my mouse. In 9.3 and previous versions, I could click and drag and select however many records I wanted or use the shift key to select multiple records. Now it won't let me do either one. A coworker is having the same problem, what's the deal? I know I can use "Select by Attributes" but sometimes I know exactly what I want to select or the query would be too complicated.

Edit: Of course, that should be "Can't select multiple rows in a TABLE..."
Tags (2)
23 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

I'm at 10.2 and sometimes have this problem. My work around is tho use the Identify tool in the map. I'll identify all the records I want using the shift key to keep adding to the identify window and then I'll go to the top of the identify window to the name of the feature class and right click and select to get the records I'm after

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also had this issue with 10.5.1. Closing the MXD and re-opening the MXD resolved it. This time.

0 Kudos
GustavoDower
New Contributor

ArcMap 10.4.1, the workaround i've found relies simply on selecting multiple rows with CTRL AND SHIFT at the same time, that somehow works instead of just using SHIFT.

0 Kudos
TylerLarson
New Contributor III

I have users who are experiencing this same issue but it doesn't seem like anyone at Esri has commented on this on any thread I have seen.

0 Kudos