Can't select multiple rows in a field with mouse or shift

02-10-2012 06:08 AM
AndrewWiseman
New Contributor III
Maybe I am being daft, but I am unable to select more than one record in a table using my mouse. In 9.3 and previous versions, I could click and drag and select however many records I wanted or use the shift key to select multiple records. Now it won't let me do either one. A coworker is having the same problem, what's the deal? I know I can use "Select by Attributes" but sometimes I know exactly what I want to select or the query would be too complicated.

Edit: Of course, that should be "Can't select multiple rows in a TABLE..."
Tags (2)
23 Replies
Public_HealthObservatory
New Contributor III
I don't have Xtools, no. Hmm...
0 Kudos
BrianCoward
New Contributor II
Does anyone know if this issue has a fix?  I'm having the same issue with not being able to select records in a table.  I'll post a solution if I come across one.
Brian
0 Kudos
BrianCoward
New Contributor II
Does anyone know if this issue has a fix?  I'm having the same issue with not being able to select records in a table.  I'll post a solution if I come across one.
Brian

An easy work around was simply saving everything and closing and reopening ArcMap 10.1.
Joeysmith
New Contributor
other times it only allows me to select one at a time.
0 Kudos
WayneRennick
New Contributor III
I've been experiencing this same problem for a while now.

The only work around I've been able to figure out is to export the dataset and do the selection on the new one.

I'm using 10.1, Windows 7 64bit.
0 Kudos
marieducharme
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I've had similar problems, usually, periodically, i cannot select multiple rows at one, by clicking on the left-most row and holding down the shift key.

I've found that closing all instances of ArcMap and starting a new session works for me, even though it's kinda annoying.

I am running 10.1, on a 64 bit machine, and do have XTools.
0 Kudos
CourtneyHart
New Contributor
No fix for this?  I've been having this problem since I upgraded and was hoping to find a solution.  Very annoying since I do a lot of selecting within my tables.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-5h7t1IKyDCaC
New Contributor II
I have this issue.
I have pinpointed that it happens after I join a table(xml) to the shapefile. Even if I export to a new shapefile where the table is within, it still will not let me select more than one row.
I have found that if you save and restart ArcMap, it will work again.
0 Kudos
WayneRennick
New Contributor III

I've been having this problem for years, on multiple computers. If I select a record in the table view, it isn't recognized by arcmap. I can't select multiple records in the table view. the work around I've used is to right click on the record and chose "Select/Unselect" on each row I want selected.

Otherwise the select by attribute works.

I kind of wonder if it's a graphics driver issue. My last to computers have had ATI/AMD graphics cards with multiple monitors.

It would be nice if someone would fix this.

0 Kudos
JukkaHellen
New Contributor

Same issue here. Sometimes I restart ArcMap (10.3.1 + patches) several times a day because of this. Way too many of these annoying bugs that complicates basic editing.

0 Kudos