Can't see pixels when zooming in Mosaic Dataset - blurry effect

12-12-2011 05:41 AM
NatalieZabcic
New Contributor
Why can't I see clear and distinct pixels from my mosaic dataset when I zoom in?
See attached image.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
Are the visible pixels from the source rasters or the mosaic dataset overviews?  Right click on the Image > Zoom to Raster resolution to see if the pixels display the same. If they display differently, then there is probably an issue with the overviews.  Also, could you please provide a screen shot showing the original imagery for this same view?
0 Kudos
NatalieZabcic
New Contributor
Thanks Timothy for your reply.
I've attached two new screen shots comparing the source raster (Landsat) with the mosaic dataset

Are the visible pixels from the source rasters or the mosaic dataset overviews?

Right click on the Image > Zoom to Raster resolution to see if the pixels display the same. If they display differently, then there is probably an issue with the overviews.
The first attachement is a screen shot of the Zoom to Raster. Left side is the source raster. Right side is the mosaic dataset

Also, could you please provide a screen shot showing the original imagery for this same view?
I've attached screen shot, but not same area as original post (second attachment). When zooming in, on the original raster we see the distinct pixels of the Landsat imagery (left), but blurry effect on the mosaic dataset view (right)
0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
What you are seeing is the resampling method used during display.  Right click the image > layer properties > display.  Change the resampling method from Bilinear to Nearest Neighbor.
NatalieZabcic
New Contributor
Perfect! That helped. Thank you Timothy!
0 Kudos