can't export an xml file from a personal geodatabase (using Arc Catalog).

12-30-2013 04:53 PM
AdrienneMiller
New Contributor
I was excited to find out through forums about the ArcGIS Diagrammer program, it seems to be what I need to help with presenting schema information. I have been able to download the ArcGIS Diagrammer program and open an xml file with it, so that's good, at least I can see how it looks and get an idea of what to do with it, and look at tutorials. 

But I have not been able to export any xml file from the personal geodatabse model I need to work with. I have tried copying the model and renaming it and putting it in a different location. I have tried all the various export options, (data or just schema, binary or larger format, with or without metadata). I have tried selecting only one feature class...even that didn't work. Every time I try I get a fail message. Sometimes when I right click on my mdb file in ArcCatalaog the export option is greyed out. Other times it is available.

I have tried with same result in 2 locations, in one setup I have ArcCatalog 10.1 and ArcGIS Diagrammer 10.1 running on Windows 7, in another I have ArcCatalog 10.2 and ArcGIS Diagrammer 10.2 running on Windows 8.1.
0 Kudos
0 Replies