can not load/import data to geodb

02-03-2011 05:10 PM
tongkimongki
New Contributor
Hi all,

I have exported a fc, name it FC1, out from a geodb... then i create a new geodb and import it back again (FC1 was the first fc that I import into this new geodb). It was a success. Then I import more fc's into the new geodb. All were successfull.

Now, for a reason, I want to import FC1 again into this new geodb. But I just cant do it, only 4% out of 37000 records are successfully imported... Using tool "feature class to feature class" the error is "error 000372 : spatial reference for output is invalid, please update to allow output to become valid" Why ? i have followed the work-out from the help, but the error is still the same. I have recalculated the spatial grid index but the resulting spatial index is always the same as the original spatial index.

The only way I am able to import it is when the geodb was new (fresh)... but when the geodb has some fc in it, it just wont be imported. I have tried many ways, using LOAD, using xml, import from shp etc but they all failed.

how can i import this particular fc ?

many thanks

iam using oracle 10gr2 , arcsde 9.3, and desktop 9.3, win 2003 server

thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArnePallentin
New Contributor III
check if you have enough table space, it could be that you are just running out of storage in ORACLE

Arne
0 Kudos
tongkimongki
New Contributor
Hi,

Thanks for replying....

If this is about space, how come i was able to load/import/export other fc with more data than the fc that i was trying to load/import ?
I made another fc that contain just the envelope of the fc that i want to load. I used tool "feature class to envelope" and than load/export this. It has more data than the original fc (41000 vs 35000)

And by the way, I set the tablespace to unlimited and auto-extend.

thanks
0 Kudos
tongkimongki
New Contributor
Hi Arne,

I just tried your solution. It worked. I added a new tablespace and I was able to load this particular fc.

I just don't understand what happened... before I added a new tablespace, i was able to load a fc that has more data than the one i am trying to load, thats why i ruled out your suggestion.
Why does the autoextent of tablespace failed ? Its suppose to increase the capacity of the tablespace right ? and also, why the error doesnt tell me that its about tablespace, instead it tells me about incorrect grid size?

Anyway, thanks alot. case closed.
0 Kudos