Can I reconcile and post edits in a version from only one feature class at a time?

07-21-2015 11:38 AM
deleted-user-BAik00wdZwPa
New Contributor II

We work within an ArcGIS Server SDE environment. We create versions off of the default for multi-user editing and reconcile/post those edits back to the default.

When posting and reconciling, all edits performed in that version (for every feature class) are moved to default. Is there a way to limit the changes pushed to only those from a particular feature class without having to go through the process of creating a separate version for each feature class and pushing them separately.

If this is not possible, does anyone know why Esri has it set up this way and have any suggestions to achieve the desired result?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't think it's possible. I don't know a technical reason for why it's done this way, but it just seems simpler and easier.

If you wanted to do this, here are the options I can think of:

• Create one version but only edit one feature class at a time, reconciling and posting after each feature class edit is complete.
  • Create a separate version for each feature class you'd like to edit and post them as needed. You can have all the different versions in the same map to make it easier.