Can an "in_memory" feature class be appended to a GDB feature class?

Jump to solution
03-07-2017 11:03 AM
GaryChristensen
New Contributor III

When I attempt this I get error 000224: Cannot insert features - which suggests that some of my feature types don't match-up.  However, all the feature types do match.  To assure this I use schema type "NO_TEST"  and join using the field map.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

The short answer is yes, you can append features from in_memory to a GDB. There is something else going on. Are they different feature types, or something else obviously different between them?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

The short answer is yes, you can append features from in_memory to a GDB. There is something else going on. Are they different feature types, or something else obviously different between them?

GaryChristensen
New Contributor III

Feature types are the same - polygon.  The only notable difference are alias names in one feature class and not the other, but if that is an issue it would nullify using the field map.

0 Kudos
GaryChristensen
New Contributor III

Darren's reply proved correct after I replaced the target feature class with an export from the in_memory feature class. The schema type "NO_TEST" option still dropped some attribute values but was resolved by switching to "TEST".