CAD data not displaying in ArcGIS Desktop v10

04-05-2011 10:30 AM
TyrusCohan
New Contributor II
Greetings fellow GIS-ers!

I am drag and dropping some CAD files of various extensions into a new map document and receiving the following: 'Could not open the specified file'.  I have received this message attempting to add every CAD file I tried, adding by 'drag and drop' or by the add data button.  Some background - to resolve an earlier issue, it was suggested by ESRI tech support that I rename the ESRI directory in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ to ESRI_OLD and in the registry (using regedit).  Did this reset a CAD related setting as it did the rest of my settings or is something else afoot?  I was able to display all CAD files before this change was made.
Thanks for your input!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
Greetings fellow GIS-ers!

I am drag and dropping some CAD files of various extensions into a new map document and receiving the following: 'Could not open the specified file'.  I have received this message attempting to add every CAD file I tried, adding by 'drag and drop' or by the add data button.  Some background - to resolve an earlier issue, it was suggested by ESRI tech support that I rename the ESRI directory in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ to ESRI_OLD and in the registry (using regedit).  Did this reset a CAD related setting as it did the rest of my settings or is something else afoot?  I was able to display all CAD files before this change was made.
Thanks for your input!

Hi Tyrus,

Can you contact Tech Support again. There is not much information about the issue.
0 Kudos