Best practice to select overlapping features stored in fabric container with the “select parcel features” tool,

Jump to solution
11-06-2015 06:29 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Best practice to select overlapping features stored in fabric container with the “select parcel features” tool,

For example, in the screenshot below, I wanted to select polygon 77 and polygon 55 with the “select parcel features” tool. I failed to perform this selection with the “select parcel features” tool and finally I did it from the table!

Clip_89.jpg

Clip_90.jpg

Is this sort of selection still possible with “select parcel features” tool?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

Hi

You should definitely be able to select parcels in a parcel fabric with the Select Parcel Features tool. One thing to check - is the parcels sublayer selectable? Also, for overlapping parcels, you should be able to use the selection chip to select the parcels you want. YOu must be in an edit session for the selection chip to show up.

Christine

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

Hi

You should definitely be able to select parcels in a parcel fabric with the Select Parcel Features tool. One thing to check - is the parcels sublayer selectable? Also, for overlapping parcels, you should be able to use the selection chip to select the parcels you want. YOu must be in an edit session for the selection chip to show up.

Christine