Assign attirbute value to multiple features all at once

Jump to solution
10-27-2013 12:05 PM
BradleySmith2
New Contributor III
Is there a quick way to assign the same attribute value to a group of selected features?  Specifically, I have a text field that I want to add the value "yes" to without having to manually enter the value for each feature.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TOMKONG
Occasional Contributor II
Is there a particular field calculator function I need to use? Should I use VB Script or Python?  I can't seem to get it to work.

No.
Select features in map or select features in the attribute table, then open attribute table, right click that field name (you want to change value to YES) in the attribute table, in the drop down window to click "Field Caculator" to open it.

Or under editing, open the editing featue attribute window to click that group feature window to change it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TOMKONG
Using the Field Calculator under non-editing, or click the top group features under editing attribute window to add that YES value for those selected features.
0 Kudos
BradleySmith2
New Contributor III
Is there a particular field calculator function I need to use? Should I use VB Script or Python?  I can't seem to get it to work.
0 Kudos
TOMKONG

No.
Select features in map or select features in the attribute table, then open attribute table, right click that field name (you want to change value to YES) in the attribute table, in the drop down window to click "Field Caculator" to open it.

Or under editing, open the editing featue attribute window to click that group feature window to change it.
0 Kudos
BradleySmith2
New Contributor III
I was able to complete the task using the attribute editing window, but I could not get the Field Calculator method to work correctly.  I kept getting error messages.

Thanks for the assistance.
0 Kudos
TOMKONG
I was able to complete the task using the attribute editing window, but I could not get the Field Calculator method to work correctly.  I kept getting error messages.

Thanks for the assistance.

You need to stop the editing, then the Field Calculator can be actived and works well.
0 Kudos