ArcGIS10:Designing Geodatabases with Visio2007.Where is UML class in Visio diagram?

01-06-2012 04:42 AM
ScottChang
New Contributor II
Hi all,
Our Computer Administrator just installed the CASE Tools/UML Model files in my ArcGIS 10 (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop 10.0\CASE Tools\UML Models). In this CASE Tools\UML Models folder, I get a new Tutorial "Degining Geodatabases With Visio".  I started my Microsoft Visio 2007 (project name: scVisio-CASE-UML_1) to do "Designing the object model" (shown on Page 3), "Creating UML packages and static structure diagrams" (shown on Page 4), and I changed the name of both "Package1" and "Static Strucure 1" to "Domains" as shown on Page 4. I tried to do "Setting tagged values" on Page 5: Step 1, Double-click the UML class in the Visio diagram for obtaining the following:
      Building               
-Flores : esriFieldTypeInteger
-Address : esriFieldTypeString   

I have a hard time to get this Step 1 done successfully.  Where is the UML class in Visio diagram?  Please kindly help and advise me where in my Visio 2007 project (see the last screen-shot of the attached file) I should do "Double-Click" to get the Visio diagram and "UML Class Properties" dialog box.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Chang
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottChang
New Contributor II
Hi all,
I struggled, but managed to complete "Creating UML packages and static structure diagrams" (on Page 4), "Setting tagged values" (on Page 5), and "Creating feature datasets" (on Page 7).  I am trying to do "Creating feature classes" (on Pages 8 and 9) - see the attached file.  I have difficulties to see the diagrams on "Doamins" and "Workplace" I created, and I am not sure whether I did the Steps %, 6, 7 and 8 on Page 9).  Please kindly help and tell me (1) how I can make the diagrams (I created) larger and readible, and (2) how I can complete Step 8: Drag the ends of the generalization arrow and connect the new class with its parent on Page 9.
Thanks in advaqnce,
Scott Chang
P. S. I can not make the attachment uploaded to this post this time.  The Diagrams I created in this project are just not readible.  How can I make them bigger and readible?
0 Kudos
ScottChang
New Contributor II
Let me try to upload the screen shots of "Domains" and "Workplace" as an attached file again.
0 Kudos