Arc10.0 colormap incompatiblity

04-08-2013 07:58 AM
FionaGregory
New Contributor II
I have a raster in a geodb. It's just a raster in ArcGIS's native format, not a mosaic dataset.

I am working in ArcGIS 10.1, but the client has Arc 10.0.

We found that the raster is not recognized in 10.0. The only way to make it viewable in 10.0 is to delete the colormap.

But the colormap is actually quite important. Is there a way to have a colormap in 10.0?

I could not find any info on this backward incompatability problem in the ArcDoc.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Your client cannot view the 10.1 because they only have 10.0

What I would suggest is either upgrading your client to 10.1 (which they have already paid for if they have a current license) or acquire a 10.0 database and doing their work in there and do not upgrade the database to 10.1

I had this issue with 3 of my clients. One of them simply refused to upgrade and I had to work in a 9.3 database for quite some time for them. 

I have a raster in a geodb. It's just a raster in ArcGIS's native format, not a mosaic dataset.

I am working in ArcGIS 10.1, but the client has Arc 10.0.

We found that the raster is not recognized in 10.0. The only way to make it viewable in 10.0 is to delete the colormap.

But the colormap is actually quite important. Is there a way to have a colormap in 10.0?

I could not find any info on this backward incompatability problem in the ArcDoc.
0 Kudos
FionaGregory
New Contributor II
Just to clarify, I did create the geodb in 10.0.
But after that I imported data while working in 10.1.
Other datasets within the geodb are OK, only the raster with the colormap seems to be a problem.
Thanks,
F.
0 Kudos