Alias Table

10-21-2011 07:21 AM
ScottBlankenbeckler
Occasional Contributor
Is it possible to set up an alias table so that all possible addresses within a range point to a single address?

Example:

150 A st, Fakecity, NY 12345

If the user type 144 A st, I want the point to show at the same location that 150 A st show. Like wise if they type 149 B st (opposite side of building) should create a point at 150 A st.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Is it possible to set up an alias table so that all possible addresses within a range point to a single address?

Example:

150 A st, Fakecity, NY 12345

If the user type 144 A st, I want the point to show at the same location that 150 A st show. Like wise if they type 149 B st (opposite side of building) should create a point at 150 A st.

The way alias tables have been traditionally used is the reference data is aliased.  For example, let's say you have a segment of Main St that is AKA ESRI St; the user can type in 1234 Main St or 1234 ESRI St and get a hit.

I think the way you might want to approach your issue is with a series of locators within a composite.  Depending how many of these sorts of multi-address-one-location addresses you need to deal with, you'll be spending an awful lot of time building them.

Good luck-
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos