Adding Military Cordinates to ARC from Excell table

12-02-2011 05:52 AM
JakeCaspersen
New Contributor
I am having some trouble adding military cordinates to arc gis. The cordinates are in a excell table and are ready to be put into arc just wondering how to input military cordinates from excell to ARC
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
Check out the ArcGIS Military Analyst extension.

Coordinate Tool
The Coordinate tool supports Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) and coordinate conversion. Coordinate conversion and point position entry in decimal degrees, degrees/minutes/seconds, Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM), and MGRS can be achieved using the Coordinate tool.

Conversion Tool
The Conversion Tool enables batch coordinate conversion, streamlining data preparation, and loading workflow. Batch conversions can use feature classes, geodatabases, and DBF tables.
0 Kudos
JakeCaspersen
New Contributor
I am working on ARC Map 10  and just wondering if the same tools are in the newest version of arc map and how to get to them because i can not find the tools in the above post
0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
You have to first download the Military Analyst extension first, and then active it from Customize > Extensions.  Additionally, you have to add the Military Analyst toolbox in ArcToolbox or access the toolbar from Customize > Toolbars.

Open ArcToolbox
Right click on the white area and click Add Toolbox...
Navigate to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes
Choose Military Analyst Tools.tbx
0 Kudos