A tool that fully combines two attribute tables with keeping the unmatched records,

11-13-2015 07:03 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

A tool that fully combines two attribute tables with keeping the unmatched records,

In the screenshot below, I wanted to combine V1 and V3 tables based on V1 and V3 fields and to have the result as shown in the excel file (in the same screenshot).

Clip_185.jpg

How this might be performed?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tags (1)
4 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I got that this tool is available in the FME “FeatureMerger”

Clip_32.jpg

Clip_33.jpg

Jamal Numan
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

from here Joining attributes in one table to another—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

this is the default behaviour

When joining tables, the default option is to keep all records. If a record in the target table doesn't have a match in the join table, that record is given null values for all the fields being appended into the target table from the join table.Example of keeping all records with a join

whether using the Add Join tool in

DesktopAdd Join—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Pro Add Join—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop

so if the join doesn't work one way, switch the direction of the join.  If you don't like it that way, save the joined file as a separate file and join it back to the file you want the join to go to.

PS  moved to Managing Data space

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Dan,

I’m aware of using multiple tools to do this sort of work. However, my intent is to find one single tool that can do the job.

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There isn't one, just the join and the results are directional, and you would have to create a model (or a script) to emulate the workflow that I suggest should the intended results not be to your satisfaction or expectations.

0 Kudos