2 Cadastral Mapping Curve Questions

05-22-2013 07:27 AM
RobMinford
New Contributor
Greetings,

As the title of this post indicates, I have two questions pertaining to drawing curves using the editor functions for cadastral mapping purposes.

1.) I have been unable to find adequate tutorials or examples of how to draw curves from surveyors data, such as arc length, radius, or delta angle. I am hoping to input that information into editor to produce the lines. Any idea on how to do this?

2.) In some instance, no surveyor data is provided for the arc, but I am able to discern that based on other information. My question is, if an arc is 500 ft long, what is the simplest way to measure certain distances along the arc to place nodes at those locations? To get an idea of what I'm talking about, I attached a sample block key card with a curve containing parcels every 51.9 feet along the curve. I need to be able to break the curve into 51.9 ft segments.

Thanks,

Rob M
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Greetings,

As the title of this post indicates, I have two questions pertaining to drawing curves using the editor functions for cadastral mapping purposes.

1.) I have been unable to find adequate tutorials or examples of how to draw curves from surveyors data, such as arc length, radius, or delta angle. I am hoping to input that information into editor to produce the lines. Any idea on how to do this?

2.) In some instance, no surveyor data is provided for the arc, but I am able to discern that based on other information. My question is, if an arc is 500 ft long, what is the simplest way to measure certain distances along the arc to place nodes at those locations? To get an idea of what I'm talking about, I attached a sample block key card with a curve containing parcels every 51.9 feet along the curve. I need to be able to break the curve into 51.9 ft segments.

Thanks,

Rob M

For your first question tha answer is COGO:  Start with the help here and follow the section it is in to see your tools and workflow options:  An overview of COGO
0 Kudos
MasonCounty
New Contributor II

I see this question was asked a few years ago and the one answer directed you towards the help files, which are not helpful. I too have been trying to figure out to draw curves using a survey that provides a length, delta, and radius. I'm using 10.2.

0 Kudos