10.1 fails to preview/open 10.3.1 SDE Raster

Jump to solution
10-04-2016 08:46 PM
TerryOD
New Contributor III

Hi all

We have a situation where 10.1 server/desktop/arcpy cannot see newly created SDE Rasters in a 10.3.1 Enterprise Geodatabase (SQL Server 2014). We have existing SDE Rasters in this 10.3.1 geodatabase that 10.1 Desktop can see.

The difference being the method of loading:

1. The layers that 10.1 cannot see were loaded using 10.3.1 Desktop Client 'Mosaic to New Raster' tool .

2. The layers that 10.1 can see were 'copied\imported' using a 10.3.1 Desktop Client, but from a 10.0 SDE Geodatabase,

I'm aware of the client/geodatabase compatibility matrices.  I expect that there is some new function that has been implemented at 10.2 for SDE raster but I cannot find what it is.

Does anyone know if there is a patch or anything that can be applied to 10.1 to address the issue. Or something I can do when I load the Raster, ie. not use certain environment settings at 10.3.1?

Any ideas?

ps.

-   We have some custom tools and flex viewer which restricts us from upgrading the 10.1 version of ArcGIS in the short term.

Cheers

Terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TerryOD
New Contributor III

An update on this. I've reloaded a 10.1 version of desktop. Dropped and recreated the sde rasters to 10.3.1 enterprise geodatabase, they are now visible at the 10.1 client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TerryOD
New Contributor III

An update on this. I've reloaded a 10.1 version of desktop. Dropped and recreated the sde rasters to 10.3.1 enterprise geodatabase, they are now visible at the 10.1 client.

0 Kudos