001473: Failed to export cache for scale : 4573.988705.

06-30-2016 07:45 AM
YangLiu2
New Contributor II

Hi Folks,

We always get the error when we run Export Tile Cache tool with a large interest of area on ArcMap. The ESRI solution is to uncheck the scale level that is failing. However, this could not deal with our problem. We need the this scale level too. Any thoughts? Thanks

Yang

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

Do you have any locks on the bundles at that scale?  I would check there first.

Additionally, you could check the status.gdb to see if there is particular bundle that errored while caching (this may have not supplied an error message through the GP tool).  If you can determine the problematic bundle, i would delete it through Windows Explorer, and re-cache that bundle extent.  Then export after this.

0 Kudos
YangLiu2
New Contributor II

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for  reply. This looks like with locks on the bundles.

I export the tile cache without GIS Server. May I ask how I could track the status.gdb? Thanks!

-Yang

0 Kudos
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Yang,

This is what it will look like with locks - in which case you can try stopping the service and manually deleting the lock files.  As you have shown, this may not be the case.

To access the status.gdb - navigate through windows explorer to your cache files (arcgisserver/directories/arcgiscache/servicename/Layers).  Copy the Status.gdb file to your desktop (or a location other than within the service files).  Open ArcMap, and navigate to the geodatabase.  There should be a Task Status feature class - within this there will be records of bundle names that have or have not completed successfully.  When you find the record(s) that did not complete successfully at scale 4573.988705, use that bundle name to search for and delete it in windows explorer.  Re-create this bundle by caching it again.

Just keep in mind that deleting the bundle will delete a bigger cache extent than just a tile.