State Tree Diagram for 10.1 and above

04-03-2013 06:05 AM
Labels (1)
KirkWebb
New Contributor III

I have used the state tree diagram included in the GDBT tools included in 10.0.  I was dissapointed to find out at 10.1 this diagram is not included.  I spoke with ESRI Reps at the recent developers summit and one of them said that I can still find out the current state.  I do know that there are other ways to find out the current state.  However, the diagram is a great and quick way to find this information.  After a recon post compress or if I want to get a general ideas of who has been editing I can look at the state tree diagram and in 1 second see this information.
As mappers we tend to very visual people.  Looking at a tree diagram is much like looking at a map to find out information quickly.  I would very much like to see this diagram functionality developed for 10.2 and above and once again included in the ArcGIS Platform.
Thanks,
Kirk Webb

35 Comments
CJ_Broome

Make this a standard tool!

AndrewKniowski1

All,

Please check out this new toolbox.  It brings similar geodatabase state tree diagram capability to ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro in a easy to use toolbox.  It also has some fun tricks like importing the diagram as features into the current map where you can symbolize and label as desired.

GitHub - 4andy/state-tree-diagram: A tool to create geodatabase state tree diagrams in ArcGIS deskto... 

KellyPerry

How to get GDBT to work with newer versions of ArcGIS Desktop

1. Make sure you have local admin rights to the computer

1. In order to run the setup on newer versions 10.x to 10.3.1 add this entry to the registry, this was provided by other users on GeoNet many thanks! copy the windows registry files below to a notepad and save it as a .reg file

example: filename.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\Desktop10.0]

"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcGIS\\Desktop10.1\\"

1. Run the reg file on your computer deepening on where you save it. (it requires admin rights)

1. Start the GDBT tool setup.exe process

1. During the installation process you will receive an error message: Module C:\Program files (x86)

\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll failed to register:  HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support

personnel.

Click continue and when done click close

When you install the tool, it creates a new folder under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll

This is for a 64 bit computer so if you have a 32 bit it might be under

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll

1. If you have ArCatalog 10.3.1 go to that folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3 or depending on your version.

Copy the file SDEUtilSvr10.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\ to

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin

1. Lets register the file:

Go to Start and under search type CMD do no open it yet

Right click and select Run as Administrator

at this point you should be at C:\Windows\System32 if not make sure you get there using the CD command

Type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin\SDEUtilSvr10.dll"

You should get Succeeded when registering the .dll

DO NOT forget the parenthesis otherwise it will not work!

Enjoy!   

BradFindlay

Like many of you who do GIS I am a visual person, so its great to be able to visualize what is going on with the Geodatabase state tree. I miss this tool and would love to see it as a new enhancement!

RayChilcote

Since traditional desktop days are limited, I doubt Esri will create the tool there.

Therefore, I created a new idea for the State Tree Diagram for ArcPro.  Perhaps 6 years from now, we'll still be wondering where it is...

https://community.esri.com/ideas/17041-state-tree-diagram-for-arcpro

Long live the State Tree.  Hopefully the seed will take root.