Quick filter in Contents Panel in Catalog Window

12-18-2013 09:58 PM
Labels (1)
PiotrIwaniuk
New Contributor III

When one has many features to show in this tiny window, i.e. from big professional database, sometimes it's problematic and takes time to find the one feature class you need. Especially if you see many schemas you need to search through to all of them. If there was a dynamic kind of filter (as a header I guess?) it would be easy to i.e. type the user name to show all tables he particularly owns.

I'am aware that there's a search window, but, in my opinion there wouldn't be a problem if those two functionalities were functioning side by side.

2 Comments
PiotrIwaniuk
Also, if you select something in the tree pane, you can copy the path of the item from the Location field above. If it's selected in the content panel this path is still only for the container selected in tree pane. If I want to copy whole path e.g. for the python script, I need to select it in the tree pane, not in a container. If the tree branch for this connection is big (it's usually not short)... Try to find it on the tree when you have hundred tables.
DerckVonck

We have similar problems with HANA databases that list thousands of table from the SAP BW schema.  Being able to filter on the geodatabase connection would be great.