Hide relationship classes, feature datasets, and topo dsets from appearing across all schemas

04-07-2014 03:58 PM
Labels (1)
ChadMarch1
New Contributor III

Relationship classes, Feature Datasets, and topological datasets are viewable across all schemas of a db and is quite annoying.

I've done research and have found posts complaining about this since as early as 2009:
http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2284&t=279568

and techinical articles posted recently explaining it:
http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/22721

But y'all should really do something about this. If tables are contained to their schemas, related elements like RC's, FD's, and topology should all be as well.

10 Comments
ChadMarch1
by Anonymous User
I agree, it a nuisance for other users when browsing for their data.  Not to mention it could be a security risk for certain agencies to even know about it, otherwise, secure data will not be trusted in ESRI enabaled databases.
by Anonymous User
Looks like they fixed it in ArcGIS 10.2.2 and 10.3!  Good...
AnnetteFarrell1
This does not appear to be fixed out of the box in ArcCatalog 10.2.2 connecting to SDE 10.2.2.
However there an option in ArcCatalog to filter out objects not owned by the connection user.

In ArcCatalog > Customise > ArcCatalog Options > General
Check the option 'List only objects owned by the connecting user with enterprise databases'

You need to disconnect and reconnect to the database for the change to be applied.
GangWang

the issue still exists in 10.7.1 to me. does anybody know where to find the option (List only objects owned by the connecting user with enterprise databases) in ArcGIS Pro?

RoyceSimpson

Still a super annoying issue as of 10.8.1.  Does anyone know if there's traction on this?

DeanMoiler

Would still love this to be fixed as we have several clients with multiple data models of surveys within SDE containing 100s of relates which we must scroll through each time we connect to SDE directly to access data.

Have not yet found a way to even hide/filter relationship classes in Pro, but this would be a good interim solution if there were a way.

YannickBourone

In ArcGis Pro open the Options Menu -> Catalog Browsing -> Browse projet items -> List only objects owned by the connecting user

This setting hides relationship classes from other users in Arcgis Pro

Bud
by

@YannickBourone 

Interesting. Although in cases like mine, my connections legitimately include tables from other users. So the "List only objects owned by the connecting user" setting would exclude those tables, which wouldn't be what I'd want.

DeanMoiler

@YannickBourone 

Very useful to know is available! I wasn't aware of this capability, thanks for bringing to our attention.  As with @Bud we've got content shared with particular DB users to bring content together (e.g. PORTAL_VIEWER), that are then shared as services. With this option the viewer user ends up with no content, so filtering display of content types would be fantastic for our workflows. Thanks for sharing!