Enable Repair Geometry tool for ArcSDE geodatabases

04-15-2010 02:00 AM
Labels (1)
Pieter_Geertvan_den_Beukel
Esri Contributor

Currently, the Check and Repair Geometry tools are not enabled for ArcSDE geodatabases, because 'SDE Geodatabases automatically check each geometry's validity when it is uploaded'.
But this is only true when the upload is via ArcSDE. By loading data via a third party tool and then manually register the data in the geodatabase, the geodatabase still can be filled with garbage.

Tags (2)
17 Comments
by Anonymous User

been an idea for 10 years so what is the point of raising these types of ideas for stunned silence?

JTessier

Kory Kramer‌ this is one that has been plaguing us and our clients for years as well.  Hoping to see some love here soon.   I can add a recent case we opened about this shortly when I get the info.

MarkCederholm

While we're at it, let's add a "network" mode for Utility Network data.  I've had to write my own geometry repair code because even on a file GDB the tool is too lax for data migration.

NanaDei
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.7: Something to Celebrate 

Also check out what's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.7!

JTessier

So close... Can you get this to work against ST_Geometry in Oracle?  Is that still in product plan @NanaDei ?

"Valid input formats are shapefiles and feature classes stored in a file or enterprise geodatabase. For feature classes stored in an enterprise geodatabase, the following spatial types are supported:

• Microsoft SQL Server Geometry and Geography
  • PostgreSQL PostGIS Geometry and Geography
  • Oracle SDO Geometry"
NanaDei

@JTessier ST_Geometry data is validated when the feature is created in ArcGIS. Review the "Geometry validation" section of the following online help documentation for more information. Please create a support case for further review if a specific workflow is returning geometry errors.