GDBAdminPython2017.zip

03-03-2017 03:45 PM
Labels (1)

GDBAdminPython2017.zip

The presentation slides and demo code for the Administering your Enterprise Geodatabase using Python session at Developer's Summit, March 2017.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Thank you so much.

- mostafa

Thank you for the video here Administering your Enterprise Geodatabase using Python - YouTube .

I happened to be working and tweaking a maintenance script. If I may ask a few questions here ...

• In the video, I saw the the sql account used by geodatabase admin by default had all the privileges - Select, Insert, Update, Delete. It does not seem to be what I see in the geodatabases I created. I follow this ESRI document (Privileges for geodatabases in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS Desktop), and the sde account has following previleges - Create function, Create procedure, Create table, Create view, and View definition. However, sde only has Select privilege on all the tables and feature classes that users create. My questions are: First, should sde have all 4 privileges by default? Second, what additional privilege should I grand to the sde account to make 'that' by default?
  • Also, is there a tool that would list all the geodatabases (excluding non-geodatabases) on a given SQL instance?
Version history
Last update:
‎03-03-2017 03:45 PM
Updated by:
Contributors