DLT Availability in Pro 3.X

Jump to solution
06-24-2022 02:48 PM
JohnStreeb
Occasional Contributor

I was just wondering if anyone knows if DLT is already compatible with or will be upgraded to be compatible with ArcGIS Pro 3.0?  From reading the release info on Pro 3.0 and 2.X to 3.0 migration documentation, it makes me wonder how compatible DLT is with the changes.  Any insight on if this has been tested, is planned for update, etc... would be helpful in making plans for any changes to our workflows and changes to our software versions.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

DLT 2.7.1 is incompatible with ArcGIS Pro 3.0 . This is primarily due to the Python upgrade to 3.9.x the comes with Pro 3.0.  However, a new DLT release will be available in July and there will be separate builds for Pro 2.9 and Pro 3.0. Going forward the DLT version will be aligned with the ArcGIS Pro version.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

DLT 2.7.1 is incompatible with ArcGIS Pro 3.0 . This is primarily due to the Python upgrade to 3.9.x the comes with Pro 3.0.  However, a new DLT release will be available in July and there will be separate builds for Pro 2.9 and Pro 3.0. Going forward the DLT version will be aligned with the ArcGIS Pro version.

JohnStreeb
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the update. I appreciate and will be on the lookout for the July update then!

0 Kudos
WilliamKresan
New Contributor II

So glad to have this information. I've been struggling with loading the DLTsolutions package and couldn't figure out why I was generating this error. Do we know when this update will roll out this month?

0 Kudos
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

Planned release is 7/21.

WilliamKresan
New Contributor II

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply! Kudos in hopes this spreads to those who need it.

0 Kudos